Sunday, April 25, 2010

What Have I Learned?

So two weeks have come to a close and they have seemed to fly by. Weeks seem to be doing that lately! Coming out of these two weeks I really feel like I lived a little richer than usual. I am so accustomed to walking through my day, actually more like rushing. I hardly take the time to really notice the little things in life and seem to be the most important.

After giving myself this challenge, I have come to a greater sense of how important body language is. I have always know it was important and the classes here at Sac State have reinforced that but some how it always feel into the back of my mind. I would pick up on things here and there, but with this challenge I have noticed more than I ever thought I would.

Trust me, I am not perfect, I will not noticed everything like I mentioned in previous posts but I think I made a real improvement. I feel that if I keep on this path, my relationships will improve and I won't miss out on all those small moments that could make a huge difference.

Besides improving my relationship and willingness to put myself out there to help others because of the body language they are giving off I have become more aware of what I am giving off. I need to be careful in my personal , educational and professional life. One of the things I really need to work on is my body language towards people at work. I am there to do a job and I need to realize how I am effecting others. I need to be more observant and considerate towards the ones who are in my life, my roomie, my family and my friends. I need to make sure I am presenting my body language in a way that others would know that I am interested in what they have to say. All of these things will be a challenge but I know that each one of them will improve my relationships and life in general.

Life is made of challenges, and I believe that by giving yourself challenges you can really see growth in yourself. I want to continue with this challenge to see where it leads me. What little moments will I now notice? How many people will I affect in a positive manner by noticing small instances of body language that no one else did? How will my willingness to be an active listener and presenting that with my body language affect those who are sharing their knowledge and experiences affect both them and myself. I hope to always grow and challenge myself beyond college and not let myself stop learning just because I am outside the academic world.

1 comment:

  1. well impressive thoughts Ash. Its VERY true. Its something I've noticed in myself a lot lately!

    ReplyDelete