Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One Of Those Days

Today I was just in a funk. No real reason. Life just seems a bit overwhelming at times lately. Really, it's just me making decisions a lot more difficult than they need to be. I tend to freak out with change and uncertainty. The funny thing is that I don't like things to get stagnant and enjoy new things. So I get caught in a catch 22. Now that I write this out I see how ridiculous it is!

Well today was one of those freak out moments. As I walked into work, it must have been written all over my face because one of the girls I worked with right away asked me if I was o.k.. I told her I just had a lot on my mind and talked to her for a few minutes about it. It was neat to see someone else really pay attention to body language. No one else noticed that I wasn't in the best of moods so I was pretty impressed.

I am also realizing how hard it is to change your body language when you are feeling one way and are forced to change your attitude. While at work I have to constantly smile and be friendly. Everything in me was exuding the opposite but I had to cause myself to behave in a different way. Mood really affects your body language, and I noticed that when I was forced to behave a certain way it affect my body language. In this instance, it was a positive effect and by the end of the night I was feeling a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment